How do you make more conscious decisions when you are shopping?
For most people its a process to figure out what they are already buying, how to find good products, how to style and how to curate a sustainable wardrobe, well thats why Verse is here.
We have made a list of 10 tips to help you on this journey
1) Ask yourself do you need it? Do you really need this item, or will it just sit unworn in your closet?
2) Research: learn more about who made your clothes and if the workers are being treated fairly, or ask questions when you are shopping in physical stores
3) Buy Secondhand: look for pre-loved clothing, or your local vintage store
4) Eco-Friendly Fabrics: take a look at natural fibres, recycled fibres and clothing that does minimal damage to our planet
5) Choose Quality: buy well-made items, instead of always the cheapest option. Those products are better than the disposal option
6) Shop Local: visit your local boutique, this has a lower carbon footprint and is good for growing economies
7) Bring your own bag: fancy packaging is just a marketing gimmick. We are all about bringing your own bag whether to the market or to buy a new pair of jeans
8) Say no to packaging: ask your favourite store to hold the paper and recycle for you
That's all the tips we have for now, but stay tuned we are always on the hunt for more!